Board 101: The Basics
Are you new to a board or interested in serving on one, but not quite sure what that entails?
Board 101 can help!
Board 101 is an evening presentation by the Community Foundation of NCW to help new and prospective board members better understand the roles and responsibilities expected in serving an organization as a volunteer board member.
Board 101 is intended for:
- Those who haven’t served on a board, but want to know what it’s about
- New board members who have never served
- Board members who have been serving but want to brush up on basics
Board 101 will cover topics including:
- General introduction to the nonprofit sector and key terms
- Board roles and responsibilities
- Reading financials – the basics!
- Introduction to fundraising
- Board Meeting Tips
- Next steps – how to join a board & more educational resources
Participation is free, but registration is required. Pizza and refreshments will be provided, or feel free to bring something of your own.
Saturday, March 21, 2020
11:00am – 1:00pm
Pybus Public Market, LocalTel Event Center
For the safety of our community, we are postponing this presentation for a later date. We will send an announcement through our mailing list and to those who have signed up to attend as soon as we set a new date. For those unable to attend the new date, refunds will be issued. We apologize for the inconvenience!