Board 101: The Basics
Are you new to a board or interested in serving on one, but not quite sure what that entails?
Board 101 can help!
Board 101 is a two-hour presentation by the Community Foundation of NCW to help new and prospective board members better understand the roles and responsibilities expected in serving an organization as a volunteer board member.
Board 101 is intended for:
- Those who haven’t served on a board, but want to know what it’s about
- New board members who have never served
- Board members who have been serving but want to brush up on basics
Board 101 will cover topics including:
- General introduction to the nonprofit sector and key terms
- Board roles and responsibilities
- Reading financials – the basics!
- Introduction to fundraising
- Board Meeting Tips
- Next steps – how to join a board & more educational resources
Board 101 will be offered quarterly, maximum capacity is 25.
Participation is free, but registration is required. A light dinner and refreshments will be provided, or feel free to bring something of your own.
BOARD 101 Dates
August 28, 2019
5:30PM – 7:30PM
Sign me up!
Sorry! This presentation has reached maximum capacity. To be placed on a waiting list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.