Board Celebration Dinners
Celebrating Board Service in NCW Communities
The Nonprofit Practices Institute hosts an Board Celebration Dinner to honor and recognize the service of our region’s nonprofit board volunteers.
Board members currently serving nonprofit organizations in Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties are invited to enjoy a complimentary dinner at one of two locations: Sleeping Lady Resort in Leavenworth or Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop. A special guest speaker provides inspiration and rejuvenation to those who dedicate themselves to this vital leadership role in our communities.
2018 Board Celebration Dinners
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
To be placed on a waiting list, email email@example.com with your Name, Organization, and Guest information.
Registration deadline is September 17, or when maximum capacity is reached.
- Doors open at 5:30pm, presentation begins at 6:15pm, and dinner will start at 7:00pm.
- Both dinners are buffet/family style. Each guest will receive 1 complimentary beverage ticket; additional beverages can be purchased at the no-host bar.
- Dinner is complimentary, however we do require a credit card to reserve your seat. If you cancel after September 17th, you will be charged $75 to cover the cost of your meal.
- You may bring a spouse or guest who is not an active board member, but you will need to pay the $75 to cover the cost of their meal.
To make sure you receive invitations to these events and more, join our mailing list and select the “Nonprofit Board Member” email list.
As Board Members, each of you face on daily basis conversations that are hard to have. This might be with another Board Member, a staff person, or a volunteer. Often times, we avoid these difficult, yet important conversations. This year, as our Key Note at the Board Celebration, Leslie Sholl Jaffe will address this topic head on in what she calls having courageous conversations.
Leslie Sholl Jaffe has over 31 years’ experience as a consultant across a broad spectrum of businesses and nonprofit organizations, creating environments that enable people to transform their lives and achieve results. Her expertise is in leadership development, curriculum design and facilitation, effective communication, meeting facilitation and coaching for personal and professional development. Unlike interventions which seek only to increase skill levels that impact behavior, Leslie’s work gets at the core elements that produce long-term results in individuals, teams and organization systems. By identifying and analyzing deeply held convictions that motivate decisions, behaviors and relationships with others, Leslie facilitates dramatically increased individual and organizational results.
Past Board Celebration Dinner Presentations
2017 Board Celebration
Peter Drury, Vice President for Mission Advancement at Make-A-Wish (Alaska & Washington)
2016 Board Celebration
Chuck Underwood, Founder and Principal, The Generational Imperative, Inc.
2015 Board Celebration
Nancy Long, Executive Director, 501 Commons
2014 Board Celebration
Norm Smith, Senior Fellow, M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust
2012 Board Celebration
Dr. Cathy Trower, Senior Research Associate, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Board Celebration Dinner Remarks
- Getting Governance Right – Sun Mountain
- Getting Governance Right – PAC Wenatchee
- The Practitioner’s Guide to Governance as Leadership