Clarence and Della Murray Scholarship
Mrs. Della Murray started this scholarship at the Community Foundation of NCW in memory of her husband, Clarence, who died in 1997. Clarence was an accountant for 42 years at S&M Service for “Jeep” Miller. Mrs. Murray died in 2007 at age 94. The Murray family legacy has been to provide a competitive scholarship that supports students from Chelan, Douglas, or Okanogan counties who demonstrate financial need, scholastic ability, and strong moral character.
Application Opens: January 1st
Application Due Date: March 1st
- A graduating senior of a Chelan, Douglas or Okanogan County high school
- Seeking further education at an accredited school in the United States
- GPA between 2.5 and 3.5
- Based on unmet financial need and potential scholastic ability
- Demonstrates strong moral character and integrity
- Second year is contingent upon reapplication and successful first year
Note: This scholarship is paid over two years and requires an update showing educational progress and a successful academic year to keep the scholarship in place the second year.