Community Foundation Awards $43,500 to NCW Nonprofits in Need
The Community Foundation of NCW has awarded a total of $43,500 in Helping Hands Grants to nonprofits in Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan Counties in its last fiscal year, since July 2016.
Helping Hands is a competitive grant that provides up to $2,500 to support nonprofits’ unexpected needs or special funding opportunities where a small investment could make a big difference. Applications are accepted year round and awarded every other month.
“With our Regional Impact Grant giving much larger awards, we wanted to ensure there was still a funding mechanism that could support some of the smaller requests we receive” said Denise Sorom, director of community philanthropy.
“We know for many nonprofits, things come up that weren’t planned in the budget – Helping Hands provides that resource so they can continue their good work.”
Helping Hands Grants are funded by unrestricted gifts to the foundation, in support of benefiting nonprofits in North Central Washington.
Helping Hands Grant Awards
- Lake Chelan Bach Fest – $1,000 Stipend support for choral section leaders
- Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus – $2,500 Support for 2017 Free Family Concert
- Stage Kids WA – $2,500 Organizational governance and management support
- Wenatchee Youth Circus – $2,500 Performance at 2017 Smithsonian Folklife Festival
- Cascade Columbia Fisheries Enhancement Group – $2,500 AmeriCorps staff for Education Outreach Program
- Wenatchee Valley Humane Society – $2,500 Medical Fund support
- Wenatchee Valley Humane Society – $1,500 NCW EcoChallenge First Place Winner
- Cascade Unitarian Universalist Fellowship – $750 NCW EcoChallenge Second Place Winner
- Okanogan Borderlands Historical Society – $2,500 Museum intern
- Okanogan County Historical Society – $2,500 A Monument to the Methow
- Outdoor Discovery Network – $2,500 Website data conversion
- Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center – $2,500 Mobile MakerSpace for Mission View and Lincoln Elementary
- Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center – $2,500 Wells House Turret Restoration Project
- Wenatchee Valley YMCA – $2,500 Renovation of Teen Center
- Wenatchee Valley YMCA – $250 NCW EcoChallenge Third Place Winner
- Wenatchee Brethren Baptist Homes – $2,500 Emergency roof repair
- Chelan County Fire District 1 – $2,500 Mapping the Wildland Urban Interface
- Rock Island Community Food Bank – $2,500 Commercial refrigerators
- Vincent de Paul Society – $2,500 Shelving for food pantry
- TEAMS Learning Center – $2,500 Outdoor learning center for preschool
- YWCA of NCW – $2,500 Heating and cooling system replacement
Trackback from your site.