Community Foundation of NCW Awards $17,910 in Nonprofit and Youth Grants
The Helping Hands grant program provides up to $2,500 to support unexpected needs or a special opportunity where a small investment could make a big difference for a nonprofit organization serving Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties.
The NCW Foundation for Youth grant program, previously its own nonprofit organization, has completed its first grant cycle under the foundation’s management. The grant provides up to $1,000 to support programs that directly benefit Pre-K through 12th grade youth in Chelan and Douglas counties.
The foundation accepts applications for both programs year-round with awards disbursed every other month.
“These smaller grant programs are designed to quickly respond to and support nonprofit organizations serving our communities” said Claire Oatey, director of community grants. “The grant application process is easy but informative, and year-round funding makes it accessible to nonprofits with unexpected needs or opportunities.”
Helping Hands Grant Awards
- Community Choice – Blood pressure self-assessment program at the Wenatchee Public Library
- Rotary First Harvest – Harvest Against Hunger program in Leavenworth and Farm to Food Pantry program in Leavenworth and Okanogan
- Wenatchee Parks and Recreation – Purchase of a Van for Special Olympics athletes
NCW Foundation for Youth Awards
- Cascadia Conservation District – Water on Wheels program offers free lessons on water and soil conservation in lively, hands-on demonstrations to K-6th grade
- Numerica Performing Arts Center – Every Kid at the PAC presentation of “OUTSIDE”, a theater piece exposing the issue of bullying, accompanied by curriculum materials for teachers
- Packing Friendship – Weekend backpacks of food for needy students in the Wenatchee and Eastmont School Districts
- Shop with a Cop – 40 selected students in need from Wenatchee and East Wenatchee to “Shop with a Cop” and demonstrate that law enforcement is helpful and approachable
- Wenatchee FC – Support for soccer teammates who cannot afford registration fees, uniforms, and other related needs
- Wenatchee Parks and Recreation – Junior Leadership in the Wading Pool Program
- Wenatchee River Salmon Festival –Learning materials and education in English/Spanish and help with bus transportation
- Wenatchee Valley Museum – Scholarships for Super Summer Adventure Camp
- Wenatchee Valley YMCA – Partners with Youth scholarship membership program
Trackback from your site.