Application Open: February 1, 2020
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020
One $50,000 Endowment Grant to support long-term financial sustainability
One of the most effective ways to improve our communities is through supporting and strengthening our local nonprofit organizations. One way to achieve this is providing opportunities for nonprofits to secure long-term financial sustainability.
Every other year, CFNCW awards one $50,000 Endowment Grant to support a nonprofit in Chelan, Douglas, or Okanogan county in achieving this sustainability.
Having an endowment fund at CFNCW provides a nonprofit agency an annual income disbursement to support its operations while the principal of the fund grows in perpetuity.
Using the foundation’s 5% annual spending policy, a $50,000 endowment would provide an organization with $2,500 a year. As the fund grows through gifts and investments, this annual stream of income increases. A $1 million endowment would provide a $50,000 a year stream of income.
The application opens online on February 1 and is due on May 1 every other year, on the even years.
The award is announced and disbursed in August.
Previous awardees include: Methow Trails, Numerica Performing Arts Center, Children’s Home Society in Wenatchee, and the Wenatchee Valley Humane Society.
The ideal grantee is a well-established, extraordinary organization making a significant impact on the community it serves. The organization must have experienced leadership at both the board and staff level who will use the $50,000 Endowment Grant to move the organization to the next level of expertise.
- Applicant is a Chelan, Douglas or Okanogan county 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization who is in good standing with the IRS and who has been in operation for at least three (3) consecutive years;
- Organization must be reasonably healthy and stable and must not be experiencing any overwhelming threats to survival (e.g. major financial crisis, major leadership turnover or significant under-staffing);
- 100% of the board contributes financially.
Who is NOT Eligible?
- Fiscally sponsored programs;
- Nonprofit organizations with budgets less than $25,000 and/or do not file an IRS Form 990;
- Private and public schools, private and public universities;
- Political organizations;
- Membership organizations, associations and civic groups such as Rotary or Kiwanis
This is a two-step evaluation process. After applications are submitted, a subset of finalists will be asked for an interview.
A grant report is not requied for the Endowment Grant. We do, however, appreciate updates on successful programs that have helped your organization grow its endowment. If you have anything to submit, please email it directly to email@example.com.