Give Methow Participation
October 1-31, 2019
Give Methow is a great opportunity to gain exposure of your organization and encourage gifts to support your project or general operations. Thanks to an anonymous donor who loves the Methow Valley, a $30,000 gift supports a stretch pool that is added to your fundraising total, depending on the percentage you raise. Other incentives like Funday Monday make Give Methow a fun and engaging campaign for those who care about supporting your work.
To participate, please review the following guidelines and submit the Participation Form below.
Terms and Guidelines
- Give Methow is open to any 501(c)3 public charity in the Methow Valley School District boundary.
- Up to $10,000 can be requested for a specific project or general operations.
- All Give Methow participants must submit their online request by September 15, 2019. Late requests will not be accepted.
- Organizations must choose ONE primary contact person that will receive updates, information, and weekly reports.
- Give Methow is an online crowdfunding campaign, therefore we ask participants agree to encourage donors to make gifts online at www.GiveMethow.org.
- Checks may be accepted but must be for supporting Give Methow only (grants, memberships, sponsorships, and other donations not intended for Give Methow do not apply). Checks must be endorsed and received by CFNCW by October 31, 2019 to be included in the campaign. Late checks will be returned.
- Participants agree to utilize social media, email, letters, and other outreach strategies to build awareness of Give Methow.
- The Community Foundation will receive and manage all gifts and provide tax receipts to all donors.
- Once an organization’s request is fully funded, additional gifts cannot be applied.
- An anonymous donor has generously donated $30,000 that will seed the “stretch pool”. Additional donations can be made to the Stretch Pool. The final Stretch Pool amount will be applied as a percentage of the amount each organization raised after the campaign has ended. If an organization submits a $10,000 request and is fully funded, the Stretch Pool funding will be added to that final amount.
The Community Foundation of NCW will:
- Host and manage the donation site at www.givemethow.org
- Absorb all credit card fees associated with online donations
- Provide all tax receipts to donors (online donations will receive an email receipt, mailed donations will receive a printed/mailed receipt within 5 days)
- Provide marketing and outreach support including a postcard announcement, a printed directory in the Methow Valley News, plus regular social media, email, and other communications
- Provide $5,000 in “Funday Monday” contest prizes, an incentive for donors to win and use the funds to give to one or more participating organizations
- Provide your primary contact person with a weekly report of donations
- Provide a check totaling gifts and stretch pool, along with a final report, by November 30, 2018.
We're sorry, the opportunity to sign up for Give Methow has expired. For questions or more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (509) 663-7716.