Social Justice in Your Community
We can do better.
A just and civil society for every person is a pillar of American democracy. Unfortunately this is not the reality for many living in our communities.
For those of you looking to invest in organizations working to change this reality, here are a few we recommend. Please consider reviewing their work for a better understanding of the struggles and barriers faced by people of color. The fight for equality and equity starts with us, in our own neighborhoods and communities.
- CAFE (Community for the Advancement of Family Education) – Providing opportunities in leadership, civic and social engagement, literacy development, and academic advancement in culturally diverse communities.
- Chelan-Douglas Volunteer Attorney Services – Bridging the justice gap in our community by facilitating high quality, free civil legal services to low-income persons of Chelan and Douglas counties.
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project – Keeping families together, protecting people from violence, and standing up for justice.
- Northwest Justice Project – Combating injustice, strengthening communities, protecting human dignity.
- YWCA of NCW – Eliminating racism, empowering women.
- ACLU of Washington – Advocating for stronger laws regulating police use of force, alternatives to arrest and incarceration, and de-escalation practices and training.
If you know of other local organizations, initiatives, and resources, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.