Cruz Andrist Memorial SCHOLARSHIP
This Scholarship is offered to Honor the Life and Memory of a truly exceptional and intelligent young man named Cruz Abraham Andrist who passed away in 2021 after open heart surgery to correct congenital heart defects.
Cruz’s approach to life was that every day could be (and probably was) “the best day ever.” This joyful attitude was mixed with a keen interest in learning, a love for conversation, and a sharp wit. This produced discussions and questions that were beyond his years, an encyclopedic knowledge of topics that interested him like the Titanic and true mastery of challenging Lego construction kits (particularly about Star Wars).
Cruz talked about wanting to become an engineer and was very interested in biology and his own medical condition and treatment. He loved the harmony of fun with family and a wide circle of friends.
We bring honor to Cruz’s contributions by recognizing and demonstrating the value of joy, harmony, and a thoughtfully intelligent approach to life and the opportunities it presents. The Cruz Andrist Memorial Scholarship emphasizes these characteristics in the application criteria listed below. Please use them to show how you have and will continue to emphasize them on your career path.
Application Opens: January 1st
Application Due Date: March 1st
- Graduating senior of Okanogan County
- Will be attending a trade or vocational school, a two- or four- year college or university, or graduate school on a full- or part-time basis
- Pursuing further education in a medical program or engineering program
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- A letter of recommendation from one educator AND one family or community member is required.
- Renewal is possible for recipients; must reapply and compete with new applicants