Apply for Scholarships
Applications Open: January 1
Application Deadline: March 1
Some scholarships have a later deadline; please see each scholarship fund’s description for details.
The application process is completed entirely online. Once you create an account, you’ll be asked to take an eligibility quiz that will help you determine which of the 100-plus scholarships you’re eligible for. The online system also provides an easy, electronic process for requesting your letters of recommendation.
Current Scholarship Recipients
If you are re-applying for a renewable scholarship, you can find application instructions here.
Once you create a new account, or log into an existing account, you’ll need to complete the online Eligibility Quiz to help determine the scholarships for which you may be eligible to apply.
The Eligibility Quiz is just a starting point; each scholarship has specific criteria that you must review to determine if you are a match. As with the application, we encourage you to answer each question, including those that may not be required but are relevant to your situation. If a questions isn’t required and isn’t relevant to your situation, you don’t need to answer it. The more questions you answer, the greater your eligibility for scholarships!
Before Accessing the Application
- Plan ahead. The deadline for the majority of the scholarships is March 1 (be sure to check each scholarship fund’s description for details).
- You should have the following available to complete the application:
- Your high school transcript (and your college transcript, if you’re a Running Start student or currently enrolled in college)
- List of participation in activities
- Your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) amount from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Student Aid Report (SAR) or the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA)
- Email addresses for two recommenders (at least one should be a school-related professional, such as a teacher, counselor, coach, etc.). Some scholarships require recommendations for three recommenders; check each scholarship fund’s description for details.
- Be sure to read the instructions throughout the application carefully. Answer each question, including those that may not be required but are relevant to your situation. If a questions isn’t required and isn’t relevant to your situation, you don’t need to answer it. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applying for Multiple Scholarships
You may apply for any of the scholarships for which you’re eligible. After you submit your first application and have logged into your second application, select the “Copy Previous Answers” button at the top right of the screen to copy your answers and save time.
Please note: Some scholarships require supplemental material in addition to the general application questions. If those questions aren’t answered, the program will not allow you to submit the application.
Every application is reviewed by members of the Community Foundation’s volunteer scholarship selection committees. The application is reviewed first for eligibility as the Community Foundation must adhere to the specific eligibility criteria established by scholarship fund donors. After review, scholarship applications are evaluated on an objective and competitive basis, considering academic and nonacademic factors such as financial need, leadership, community service, and special circumstances.
Determining Financial Need
Because financial need is an eligibility factor in many of our scholarships, the Community Foundation looked for an equitable way to request this information. All applicants are required to provide the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number calculated by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). Most scholarships require you to upload a document that verifies your EFC.
Award Announcement and Payment
Students will be notified of award status by May 8th by email. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be provided instructions via email to sign a scholarship agreement and provide verification of enrollment. Once we receive the required signatures and documentation, we schedule payment directly to the school of your choice.
For questions or more information, contact Allison Neher at (509) 663-7716 or email email@example.com.