Dorothy Prewitt Pohlman / AAUW Scholarship
Dorothy Prewitt Pohlman was one of the founders of Wenatchee Valley College. As part of her legacy, she created this scholarship, which is administered by the Wenatchee branch of the American Association of University Women. The scholarship supports current or former female students from WVC who plan to continue on at a community college, four year college or university in Washington State to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
For the 2020 scholarship season an additional $1000 scholarship will be awarded in memory of former AAUW member, Joan Crowe. Because of her tireless work helping to develop the local AAUW diversity programs, Joan was named Volunteer of the Year by AAUW. Her friends and family know this scholarship would be an honor and a great joy to Joan.
Application Opens: January 1st
Application Due Date: March 1st
- Current or former female student at Wenatchee Valley College
- Must have completed a minimum of 60 cumulative credits at Wenatchee Valley College by Spring quarter (completion of an AA degree is not required)
- Must be accepted at a 4-year college, university OR community college in Washington state with plans to pursue a bachelor’s degree
- Renewal is possible for recipients; must reapply and compete with new applicants
- Student must plan to start school in the Fall