Ferne Daniel Scholarship
Fern Daniel, daughter of the late William H. and Fairrie Daniel, who farmed on the Sagebrush Flats near Ephrata, established this scholarship in 1991. Miss Daniel taught school beginning in Wenatchee in 1944 at the Whitman School, and continued teaching in Ephrata from 1946 through 1970. Miss Daniel passed away in 2007. This scholarship supports graduating seniors from Ephrata High School, with special emphasis on students who are seeking a degree in the field of education, agriculture or related areas. The committee seeks to award students who demonstrate financial need and who are enrolled at an accredited 4-yr college in Washington State.
Application Opens: January 1st
Application Due Date: March 1st
- Graduating senior of Ephrata High School
- Enrolled at an accredited four-year college in the State of Washington
- Will major in the field of education, and/or agriculture or related areas
- Demonstrates financial need
- Demonstrates scholastic ability
- Renewal is possible; must reapply and compete with other applicants.