Lee Bofto Honorary SCHOLARSHIP
Lee Bofto was a coach and teacher at Wenatchee High School from 1965-1984. In 2004, former students of his established the Lee Bofto Honorary Scholarship Fund at the Community Foundation to honor the tradition of excellence that he built during his tenure at WHS. Lee’s insight, patience, understanding, and energy created a stir in his students to strive for excellence within themselves, both in the classroom and on the athletic field.
This scholarship is designed to award a Wenatchee High School senior who may not necessarily be a student with the highest GPA or the most athletic ability, but a student who has been involved in sports at some level, has financial need, and demonstrates the tenacity and desire to continue their education. Most importantly, the ideal student has the heart, soul, and perseverance to reach for and achieve goals they have set for themselves.
Application Opens: January 1st
Application Due Date: March 1st
- Graduating senior of Wenatchee High School seeking further education in an educational program in the United States
- Has participated in WHS athletics or served the WHS athletic department in some capacity
- Demonstrates financial need
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Has passed the WASL exam or equivalent
- Preference will be given to those planning to attend Wenatchee Valley College