THE ROBERT L WHITE AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN COMMUNITY PHILANTHROPY
The Community Foundation of NCW partners with local attorneys to help their charitable clients give back to their local communities and leave legacies beyond their lifetimes.
Talking with clients about leaving charitable legacies isn't always easy, but it's incredibly meaningful and impactful to leave behind a gift to the community that you love.
That's why we established The Robert L White Excellence in Community Philanthropy - to honor Bob and professional advisors like him who go the extra mile to promote community philanthropy and inspire the next generation of advisors to share this value.
The inaugural award was given at the 2023 Annual Donor Appreciation Event and will continue to be awarded at this event each year.
We encourage anyone to nominate a Professional Advisor (attorney, CPA, or Financial Advisor) who demonstrates the value of inspiring their clients to leave meaningful legacies.
Nominate a Professional Advisor
Eligibility and Criteria
- An attorney, financial advisor, CPA, or other professional advisor working in Chelan, Douglas or Okanogan counties.
- Actively promotes philanthropy to clients with a focus on local causes.
- Supports the nonprofit sector through volunteerism or board service applying skills/knowledge in professional field to nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism.
Note: Selection is NOT contingent on the number of referrals and/or closeness to CFNCW
- Nominations accepted January 1 – March 1.
- Nominations will be carried forward to subsequent year if not selected but well qualified.
- A Community Foundation of NCW selection committee will review nominations, introduce additional nominations, and select the awardee.
- The committee shall include at least one non-voting staff member and one Trustee of CFNCW and could also include previous awardees, and members of the professional advisor community.