AVHRA Human Resource Scholarship
The Apple Valley Human Resource Association formed in 1997 to provide leadership, resources, training, education, and networking opportunities through local chapter activites and affiliations with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and the Northwest Human Resource Management Association (NHRMA). In 2014, AVHRA opened a scholarship fund at the Community Foundation of NCW to support graduating seniors and current college students from Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas or Okanogan county high schools who are pursuing a career in the Human Resources field. The committee seeks to award students who demonstrate strong moral character and service to the community.
Application Opens: January 1st
Application Due Date: March 1st
- A graduating senior OR a current college student from a Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas or Okanogan county high school pursuing a career in Human Resources (i.e. organizational development, labor relations, employment law)
- Will be a full-time student at a 4-year college or university in Washington State OR at Wenatchee Valley College
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrates financial need
- Demonstrates strong moral character and service to the community.
- Must include an essay addressing “What is your understanding of the HR organizational role and how do you plan to contribute to the effectiveness of the role?”