IT ROUNDTABLE SERIES
The Nonprofit Practices Institute is partnering with SimplePowerIT to provide a no-cost IT Roundtable Series for nonprofits.
Each part of the series will be an interactive discussion, providing an opportunity to connect with other nonprofit leaders and share resources and best practices.
The series will be broadcast over Zoom; advanced registration is required for each individual session to receive the link.
We are currently curating new topics for the series - check back in September or subscribe to our e-news to receive updates!
Donor Database Systems
- Learn about how to choose a database system that's right for your organization
- Hear from our panelists on what has worked or hasn't worked for them: Sarah Brooks, Methow Conservancy; Heather Baker, Chelan Douglas CASA, Carolyn Griffin Bugert, Wenatchee River Institute; and Kate Miller, Okanogan Land Trust
- Share your experiences and resources with others
How to effectively leverage social media.
- Hear from guest presenters Russ Alman of Digital Media Northwest and Jackie Endsley of Endsley & Co on effective social media strategies
- Share tips how your organization has successfully utilized and managed social media.
- Deal with social media overload and focus on the most effective tools and sites.
Apps and tools to collaborate with constituents.
- Hear about different apps available to connect with your Board, volunteers, and members from panelists Kayla Helleson (Thrive Chelan Valley), Aimee Sheridan (Chelan Douglas Land Trust), and Carolyn Griffin-Bugert (Wenatchee River Institute)
- Share examples of tools your organization is using to effectively collaborate.
Every organization is now a potential cybersecurity target. Hear about current trends and tips for how to effectively protect your organization.
Martin Straub has 20+ years of experience developing, building, and maintaining frustration-free technology solutions. After moving to NCW in 2001, he served as the Technology Director for the local CPA firm, Cordell, Neher & Company, PLLC. In 2013, he founded SimplePowerIT to focus exclusively on delivering frustration-free technology solutions to NCW businesses and nonprofits. Martin’s interest in serving nonprofits has grown with years of involvement with many community organizations such as Wenatchee Outdoors and Wenatchee River Institute. He currently contributes as a Board member for the NCW Tech Alliance. He is equally passionate about the outdoors and you’ll often find him ski touring along Blewett Pass, biking the Methow Valley trails, or wandering and observing wildlife in the many protected natural areas throughout our region.