$106,633 Disbursed to NCW School Districts to Help Struggling Students
We are so grateful to everyone who donated to the Back to Basics campaign to support struggling students and their families. Over $106,000 has been disbursed to ALL school districts across North Central Washington.
Earlier this spring when schools shut down, we heard stories about students having a hard time staying engaged in remote learning because they were having to care for their younger siblings or their parents lost jobs and were struggling to put food on the table. We knew we had to do something about it, and help provide some basic needs so they could focus on their education as much as possible.
The foundation’s Board of Trustees approved $55,000 to kick-start the campaign. Each district received a portion of these funds based on their district’s population and number of low-income students. Donations from the public were directed to the districts of their choice.
When we reached out to the family advocates and counselors about the campaign, they were so grateful for the added support. They see first-hand the challenges many students and their families face, especially during this year of with the pandemic and wildfire.
Those who work closely with students will identify and distribute the funds, which will be used for food, clothing, school supplies, health and personal hygiene needs, and sanitation items.
Thanks to you, they will be able to give them even greater support.
- Brewster School District – $4,740
- Bridgeport School District – $4,272
- Cascade School District – $5,599
- Cashmere School District – $3,911
- Eastmont School District – $14,631
- Entiat School District – $2,922
- Lake Chelan School District – $5,094
- Mansfield School District – $3,272
- Manson School District – $3,709
- Methow Valley School District – $3,103
- Nespelem School District – $3,602
- Okanogan School District – $4,172
- Omak School District – $5,222
- Orondo School District – $2,902
- Oroville School District – $2,975
- Palisades School District – $1,937
- Pateros School District – $3,257
- Stehekin School District – $2,047
- Tonasket School District – $4,590
- Waterville School District – $2,912
- Wenatchee School District – $21,769
While the campaign is complete, donations can always be made to school districts or PTAs to support students who really need our help.
This year has been challenging in so many ways, but people like you who continue to help our neighbors in need across the region are truly changing lives in our communities!
Trackback from your site.