GIFT OF STOCK
For stock held in brokerage accounts, your broker can assist you in making a gift of stock via a direct transfer to CFNCW.
Giving a gift of publicly traded stock that has increased in value and that you have owned for more than one year may provide better tax benefits than giving cash. When you gift publicly traded stock, your charitable income tax deduction is equal to the fair market value of the stock and you avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the current value over the original cost of the stock.
Additionally, there are no commissions charged for stock transfers to the Community Foundation of NCW.
To Make a Stock Gift
1) Give this information to your broker/financial advisor:
- Brokerage House: Charles Schwab
- Account Name: Community Foundation of North Central Washington
- Tax ID# 91-1349486
- Account Number: 4480-6710
- Telephone Number: 800-515-2157
- DTC Number: 0164
- Reference: Donor Name (Including your name will ensure the gift is properly acknowledged)
2) Complete the Gift of Stock Form below - this is required to complete the transfer.