Woods Family Music and Arts Grant Awards $61,433 to Schools and Nonprofits
The Woods Family Music and Arts Grant, managed by the Community Foundation of NCW, has awarded $61,433 in grants to schools and nonprofits across North Central Washington.
Established in 2011, the Woods Grant provides up to $5,000 to support programs that foster and improve arts and music awareness, education, performance, events, and professional development.
The annual grant is open to 501c3 nonprofit organizations and public agencies in Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties.
“The Woods family members have been incredible advocates for music and arts culture in our region” said Denise Sorom, director of community philanthropy at the foundation. “Their grants have helped to make music and art accessible in schools that lack state funding support and supported programs reach audiences who may otherwise never be able to see or participate in art. They have and continue to shape arts and culture in our region in a significant way.”
- Buckner Homestead Heritage Foundation – $2,000 to support a sound system for Stehekin Valley
- Community Cultural Center of Tonasket – $1,000 to support the community center’s robust music and arts activities
- Eastmont School District – $4,000 to support the Sterling Intermediate band and orchestra
- Icicle Creek Center for the Arts – $1,500 to support the Icicle Creek Youth Orchestra
- Lake Chelan Bach Fest – $2,500 for general operating
- Leavenworth Summer Theater – $1,200 to help expand education opportunities for young percussionists
- Lewis and Clark Elementary PTSA – $2,666 to purchase instruments and materials for music classroom
- Methow Arts Alliance – $4,000 to support “Access Art”, a program that provides art curriculum in Okanogan County schools that don’t have art funded by the district
- North Central Washington Education Foundation – $5,000 to fund Teacher Grants in music and arts
- Numerica Performing Arts Center – $5,000 to support “Every Kid at the PAC” program
- Peshastin-Dryden Elementary – $3,567 to purchase new instruments for music classroom
- Stage Kids WA – $2,500 for general program support of youth performance group
- Upper Valley Connection – $3,500 to support theater camp
- Washington Elementary – $2.500 to purchase Marimbas for the music classroom
- Wenatchee Jazz Workshop – $4,000 to support a week-long workshop that brings professional musicians to teach and mentor middle and high school jazz music students
- Wenatchee River Blue Grass Festival – $1,000 to support Taylor’s Camp
- Wenatchee Valley College – $3,000 for Quarterly Music and Lecture series
- Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center – $5,000 to support “People of our Past”
- Wenatchee Valley Symphony Association – $5,000 to support 2017 Young Musician Competition and Season Guest Soloists
- Wenatchee Youth Circus – $2,500 to support participation in the Smithsonian Folklife Festival 2017 Circus Arts
LEARN MORE ABOUT WOODS FAMILY GRANTS
Subscribe to the CFNCW e-newsletter for donor news, scholarship opportunities, and good work being done in the community.
Leave a Comment