Community Foundation of NCW Awards $82,942 to NCW Schools
The Community Foundation of NCW has awarded $82,942 in grants to schools across North Central Washington through its Stronger Schools Grant.
Stronger Schools is a competitive grant program that supports enriched student experiences and teacher development opportunities in K-12 public schools Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties.
Schools can apply for up to $5,000 for programs benefiting students in their building. School districts are also eligible to for up to $5,000 to support district-wide needs or initiatives.
“The foundation feels strongly about supporting education across North Central Washington, specifically those innovative programs and projects that take a classroom or school to another level” said Denise Sorom, the foundation’s director of community philanthropy.
“This year we received more requests from schools than ever before – and some that we haven’t supported in the past. It’s great to see the reach we can have across the region to support schools with intentional programs that we hope will make an impact on our students’ academic experiences.”
The Stronger Schools Grant is part of the Foundation’s Community Grants Program, funded by the unrestricted gifts to the Foundation.
- Brewster Elementary School – $2,500 Page Ahead Children’s Literacy Program “Book Up Summer”
- Bridgeport Elementary School – $5,000 Enriched Literacy Support Program
- John Newberry Elementary School – $5,000 After School Program for bi-lingual and low-income students
- Kenroy Elementary School – $5,000 Playworks training
- Virginia Grainger Elementary School – $5,000 Music and Movement Project
- Cashmere Middle School – $3,000 Challenge Day
- Foothills Middle School – $5,000 Sixth Grade Camp
- Icicle River Middle School – $5,000 Healthy Lifestyle Ski Program
- Manson Middle School – $4,325 Theater Arts Program
- Orchard Middle School – $4,909 Robot Garden
- Bridgeport High School – $4,000 Robotics Program
- Liberty Bell High School – $4,000 Naviance Software for College and Career Counselor
- Methow Valley Independent Learning Center – $4,000 Mentosrhip in the Methow
- Bridgeport School District – $3,000 Summer Reading Program
- Brewster School District – $5,000 Building a Stronger Robotics Team
- Cascade School District – $3,000 Minds-i
- Methow Valley School District – $3,000 Becoming a Trauma Informed School District
- Palisades School District – $4,708 Rockets and Rockstars
- Waterville School District – $2,500 Telling Our Leadership Story
- Wenatchee School District – $5,000 Dyslexia Awareness and Instructional Reading Strategies
Subscribe to the CFNCW e-newsletter for donor news, scholarship opportunities, and good work being done in the community.
Leave a Comment