Woods Family Music and Arts Grant Awards $56,628 to Local Schools and Nonprofits
The Woods Family Music and Arts Grant, managed by the Community Foundation of NCW, has awarded $56,628 in grants to schools and nonprofits across North Central Washington.
Established in 2011, the Woods Family Music and Arts Grant provides up to $5,000 to support programs that foster and improve arts and music awareness, education, performance, events, and professional development.
The annual grant is open to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and public agencies in Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan Counties.
“The Woods family are incredibly passionate about access to art and music for everyone in the region” said Erika Orsulak, the director of education programs at the Community Foundation.
“They are helping to inspire every generation to embrace art and music culture and have invested in programs that provide enriching experiences for a deeper connection to self and community. We are grateful for such meaningful philanthropy right here in our region.”
- Art on the Avenues – $4,000 to support the Beauty of Bronze art program for 5th graders in Wenatchee School District
- Chelan County Historical Society (Cashmere Museum) – $2,028 to support three Saturday workshops for 3rd-5th graders to learn about the significance of Native American medicine bags
- Chelan-Douglas Community Action Council – $2,500 to support an arts initiative for at-risk students
- Icicle Creek Center for the Arts – $2,000 to support the 2018 Summer Symphony Camp
- Julian Patrick Vocal Camp – $4,000 to support intensive summer vocal camp
- Lake Chelan Bach Fest – $2,300 to support the annual festival
- Leavenworth Summer Theater – $2,000 to expand opportunities for young technicians with state-of-the-art sound equipment
- Lewis and Clark Elementary – $1,700 to support the Folkloric Dance Group
- Mansfield School District – $2,000 to purchase a pottery wheel for new pottery program
- North Central Washington Education Foundation – $5,000 to support the STEAM Teacher Grant program
- Numerica Performing Arts Center – $5,000 to support David Gonzalez, Latino storyteller as part of “Every Kid at the PAC” program
- Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus – $2,000 to support the Family Concert which provides free admission to the community for families and children of all ages
- Pybus Market Charitable Foundation – $2,000 to support “All of Creation” two-day summer art camp for children 4-18 at Pybus Market
- Robert Graves Gallery – $2,500 to repair and update the art display system
- Upper Valley Connection – $2,500 to support the Theater Camp
- Wenatchee Art Education Consortium – $800 for Gahan’s Geodes, an artist-in-residence program for local students
- Wenatchee Jazz Workshop – $2,000 to support a workshop that brings professional jazz musicians to teach local jazz students
- Wenatchee Valley College MAC Gallery – $2,800 to support its exhibition program
- Wenatchee Valley Symphony Orchestra – $4,000 to support the Young Musician Competition and season guest artists
- Women’s Resource Center of NCW – $3,000 to support an art therapy program for homeless children and families
- YWCA North Central Washington – $2,500 to support a Music Education Scholarship for youth experiencing homelessness