Important Dates for Year-End Giving
As we begin the last month of the year, the Community Foundation wants to remind you of important dates to give in order to receive your tax-deduction for 2018. If you have a giving opportunity that isn’t listed below, please give us a call and we’d be happy to help!
- Gifts of Appreciated Stock must be received by 12/31/2018, please notify your broker as soon as possible. You can find transfer information here.
- Gifts from your IRA, including Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) should also be initiated as soon as possible to meet the 12/31/2018 deadline. See transfer information here. Note: RMDs cannot be used to open or add to a Donor Advised Fund, but the Foundation can accept the gift and pass it on to nonprofits of our choice.
- Gifts by check sent via the US Postal Service to the Community Foundation must be postmarked by 12/31/2018. Checks sent via other carriers (eg: FedEx, UPS) must be in our office on or before 12/31/2018.
- Gifts by credit card online may be made by midnight 12/31/18 to receive a tax receipt for 2018 and will be sent via email to the address you provide. Click here to give online.
- Gifts from your Donor Advised Fund requested after 12/10/18 will be sent to the organization in January. Click here to login to your account.
Thank you so much for your continued investment in your community through the Community Foundation of NCW!