LEARNING TO PEOPLE BETTER TOGETHER
A partnership of the NCW Equity Alliance, Community Foundation of NCW, the Icicle Fund, and North Central Accountable Community of Health.
Learning to People Better, Together is a nine-month content discussion and skills-building learning series designed to help nonprofit leaders and staff develop skills to improve diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) work within their own organizations.
This pilot series will kick off on October 6th with a "virtual" dinner that will preview the themes of the monthly sessions.
Each 90-minute session will be conducted virtually and is designed to be a learning, doing, and feeling experience to help participants develop equity and inclusion competencies. Some sessions may require pre-work and will include activities such as:
- Developing an understanding of equity and social determinants of health
- Understanding diversity, equity and inclusion work
- Creating better communications through empathy
- Reading articles and listening to podcasts
- Helping plan at least one DEI-focused community event
- Completing a self-assessment and developing an action plan for the participant’s own organization
The series syllabus will be available at the kickoff on October 6.
- Organizations must be 501(c)3 public charities (or fiscally sponsored) located in Chelan, Douglas, Okanogan, or Grant county.
- There is space for at least 20 organizations to participate, with 2 people from each organization committing to attend the sessions.
- Virtual Dinner Kickoff - Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Virtual Learning Sessions - Every Second Wednesday of the month, 6:30pm-8:00pm
- October 13, November 10, December 8, January 12, February 9, March 9, April 13, May 11, June 8
- $100 per organization (for 2 participants). Limited scholarships are available, contact email@example.com for more information.
Each organization will register 2 people committed to participate in the series. The cost is $100 per organization. We ask for the participants home address as we will be mailing items pertinent to the series. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.