Methow Valley Fund
Application open: December 1
Application deadline: January 31
Sustainable funding for a healthy, vibrant Methow Valley
The Methow Valley Fund supports nonprofit organizations and agencies with programs that address community needs in the Methow Valley.
This year, in response to the public health crisis, the Methow Valley Fund Advisors will focus on general operating support grants to give local nonprofits the flexibility to adapt and meet evolving needs during these uncertain times. While general operation requests are a priority, project-specific requests will still be considered. All “site visits” will be conducted as 30-minute virtual meetings over Zoom this year.
For application or criteria questions, please email Claire Oatey at email@example.com.
- Nonprofit organizations can choose to apply for one of two funding opportunities: MVF5K ($5,000 grants) and MVF2K ($2,000 grants).
- Grant requests for the purpose of re-granting funds to other organizations or individuals are not eligible.
- Limitations and restrictions for all Community Grant Programs apply to this program.
- School districts and related agencies are not eligible for the Methow Valley Fund, but may apply for the Stronger Schools grant.
MVF5K – $5,000 grants
- Up to six awards will be granted full funding. No partial grants are awarded.
- Applicants must complete an online application and participate in a site visit with the Methow Valley Fund Advisors and CFNCW staff.
- Grantees who have received a MVF5K grant must wait out one grant cycle (one year) before reapplying for a MVF5K or applying for a MVF2K. For example, if an organization submitted an application for a MVF5K by the 2020 deadline and received the grant then they must wait to submit their next application by the deadline in 2022.
- Grantees must have expended the grant funding and completed a Grant Report before applying for a new grant.
MVF2K – $2,000 grants
- Up to fifteen awards will be granted full funding. No partial grants are awarded.
- In lieu of completing a full-length grant application, you will submit basic organizational info and participate in a site visit with the Methow Valley Fund Advisors and CFNCW staff to explain your proposal directly.
- Grantees who receive a MVF2K grant may apply annually.
- Grant reports are not required.
All MVF5K grant recipients are required to submit a Grant Report before submitting another grant, as indicated on the Grant Agreement. Future grant requests will not be considered if reports on previously funded projects are outstanding.
Give Methow is a 30-day crowdfunding campaign from October 1st to 31st that provides opportunity to learn about your local nonprofit agencies and support their work.
- During the month of October, you can view all participating organizations and learn about their work at www.givemethow.org
- Donate to one or more projects online with a fast, easy checkout
- $10 minimum donation – anyone can give!
- We take care of the credit card fees – 100% of your donation supports Give Methow nonprofits
Support the Methow Valley Fund
The Methow Valley Fund exists to support the work of the charitable organizations of the Methow Valley. Created in 2006, it is one of the philanthropic funds managed by CFNCW. The Methow Valley Fund was established in order to:
- Contribute to a vibrant community through awards of grant funding in support of health and human services, education, arts and culture, the environment, social and public benefit.
- Assist non-profit and public organization in their development of strong, sustainable programs.
- Create a permanent endowment ensuring availability of local resources to fund projects serving local needs and opportunities long into the future.
The Methow Valley Fund is advised by a diverse group of local volunteers. They live and work in the Valley and are passionate about the work being done by charitable organizations in our community. The advisors have first-hand knowledge of local needs and opportunities and of the successful impacts made by the organizations we fund.