METHOW VALLEY FUND GRANT
Application open: December 1
Application deadline: January 15
Sustainable funding for a healthy, vibrant Methow Valley
The Methow Valley Fund supports nonprofit organizations and agencies with programs that address community needs in the Methow Valley.
- Nonprofit organizations can choose to apply for one of two funding opportunities: MVF7K ($7,000 grants) and MVF3K ($3,000 grants).
- If you are a 501(c)(3) public charity headquartered in and serving the Methow Valley, you are eligible and encouraged to apply for unrestricted core operating support.
- If you are a government agency (excluding schools), tribal agency, faith-based organization, fiscally sponsored program, or a 501(c)(3) public charity serving the Methow Valley but headquartered elsewhere, you are eligible for program-specific support that meets our Grant Guidelines and Policies.
- Grant requests for the purpose of re-granting funds to other organizations or individuals are not eligible.
- Limitations and restrictions for all Community Grant Programs apply to this program.
- School districts and related agencies are not eligible for the Methow Valley Fund Grant.
MVF7K – $7,000 grants
- Up to 7 awards will be granted full funding. No partial grants are awarded.
- Applicants must complete an online application and participate in a site visit with the Methow Valley Fund Advisors and CFNCW staff.
- Grantees who receive a MVF7K grant must wait out one grant cycle (one year) before reapplying for a MVF7K or applying for a MVF3K. For example, if an organization applies for a MVF7K by the 2023 deadline and receives the grant then they must wait to submit their next application by the deadline in 2025.
- Grantees must have expended the grant funding and completed a Grant Report before applying for a new grant.
MVF3K – $3,000 grants
- Up to 17 awards will be granted full funding. No partial grants are awarded.
- In lieu of completing a full-length grant application, you will submit basic organizational info and participate in a site visit with the Methow Valley Fund Advisors and CFNCW staff to explain your proposal directly.
- Grantees who receive a MVF3K grant may apply annually.
- Grantees who received a MVF2K grant may apply for either opportunity in 2022.
- Grant reports are not required.
Site visits with Methow Valley Fund Advisors will be scheduled between February 6 – 17, 2023 to learn more about your organization and proposal. Your organization will indicate on the application if you prefer an in-person or virtual grant meeting. CFNCW will do our best to accommodate your preference.
For application or criteria questions, please email Claire Oatey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Methow Valley Fund Advisors
- Sarah Brooks
- Betsy Cushman, Chair
- Jane Gilbertsen
- Don Linnertz
- Jay Lucas
- Don Miller, Vice Chair
- Sara Steele
- Barry Stromberger
- Kelly Wiest
- Jacob Young
Interested in becoming an MVF Advisor?
Support the Methow Valley Fund
Give to the Methow Valley Fund Endowment
- Your gift is added to an endowment that will provide ongoing support for grants in the Methow Valley in perpetuity.
Give to the Methow Valley Fund
- Your gift provides immediate support for causes and opportunities in the Methow Valley.