Community Foundation Awards $225,000 in Grants and Announces Give NCW
The Community Foundation of NCW has awarded $225,000 in Regional Impact Grants to 25 nonprofits across the region.
The Regional Impact Grant (RIG) is open to any 501c3 charitable nonprofit or public agency in Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties to support specific projects or general operations for programs that make a positive impact in the community.
Applications opened in July and were due in September. Each applicant is visited by a team of Community Foundation staff and board to learn more about their organization and grant request to determine grant awards. Fifty applications were submitted, making this annual grant very competitive.
“There are always so many great organizations and projects that we want to support, but we only have so many resources” said Denise Sorom, director of community philanthropy. “That’s where Give NCW comes in, as we reach out to the community and ask people to help these vetted nonprofits reach their ultimate goal.”
Give NCW is a crowdfunding campaign that invites the general public to learn more about nonprofit projects in their community and donate online to support them.
Each RIG recipient is participating in Give NCW, requesting a certain amount of funds to help them complete their original grant request.
Give NCW starts on Thanksgiving Day and ends on December 31st. Information about the nonprofits’ requests are online at www.givencw.org where donations can be made. Minimum donation is $10 and the Community Foundation is absorbing all credit cards fees so 100% of the donation supports the nonprofit.
The following organizations have received a Regional Impact Grant and will be participating in Give NCW:
- Alatheia Riding Center – $12,500 Financial Aid Fund to ensure that anyone can receive therapeutic support regardless of ability to pay
- Chelan County Sheriff / Douglas County Sheriff – $16,000 AEDs (automated external defibrillators) for Chelan and Douglas County Sheriff Departments in effort to equip all police vehicles with this life saving device
- Chelan Douglas County Volunteer Attorney Services – $9,000 Support of a Legal Case Manager to help individuals/families with limited resources for legal assistance
- Chumstick Wildfire Stewardship Coalition – $7,500 General operating support for wildfire education and prevention
- Columbia Valley Housing Association – $7,500 Down payment assistance for low income individuals and families in need of housing
- FIRST Washington – $5,000 Support for High School robotics competitions in various NCW schools
- Green Okanogan – $7,500 General operating support for recycling center in Okanogan County
- Habitat for Humanity, Greater Wenatchee – $5,000 New home construction for family in Rock Island
- Hand in Hand Immigration Services – $12,500 General operating support for guiding legal immigrants through naturalization and other services
- Heritage Heights at Lake Chelan – $10,000 Support of design phase for new construction of assisted living community
- Icicle Creek Center for the Arts – $7,500 Support for equipment used at youth film camp
- Lake Chelan Community Hospital Foundation – $8,000 Outreach program to Latino community
- Lighthouse Christian Ministry – $12,500 Support for a medical/dental clinic and expansion of soup kitchen
- Mountain Meadows Senior Living Campus – $9,000 Furniture for Memory Care Unit at assisted living community
- North Valley Community Health Association – $9,000 Support for wheelchair lift for van that transports assisted living residents to outings and activities
- Okanogan County Long Term Recovery Group – $14,000 General operating support to continue providing aid and housing for wildfire survivors
- Oroville CARES – $7,000 Support of billboards used for anti-drug campaign
- Pybus Market Charitable Foundation – $6,500 Support to subsidize facility rental costs for nonprofit organizations
- Upper Valley Connection – $7,500 Support for summer theater camp
- Upper Valley MEND – $9,000 Gleaning program to provide fresh produce for food bank
- Wenatchee Jazz Workshop – $3,500 General operating support to bring professional jazz musicians to the Wenatchee Valley to teach, inspire, and perform with high school jazz students
- Wenatchee Valley College Foundation – $7,500 Support of Knights Fund, en emergency fund to help students in need of resources to continue attending Wenatchee Valley College
- Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center – $9,000 Ice Age Field Experience for all 2nd, 4th, and 5th Grade students in the Wenatchee and East Wenatchee School Districts
- Wenatchee Valley Senior Activity Center – $10,000 Support for installing new roof
- Women’s Resource Center of NCW – $12,500 General operating support to increase case management and help homeless individuals and families