Methow Valley Fund Awards $114,000 in Grants
The Community Foundation of NCW has awarded $114,000 in grants to 26 local Methow Valley nonprofits from the Methow Valley Fund (MVF).
The MVF was established in 2006 to support charitable organizations that work to address local issues and provide enriching experience in arts, culture, education, and recreation. The fund is supported by individual gifts, bequests, and funding from the Community Foundation.
The MVF grant offers core operating or project-specific support in $3,000 or $7,000 awards. Grant applications are reviewed by Community Foundation staff along with the Methow Valley Fund Advisors and Grants Committee Members, comprised of residents who know and understand the needs of the valley.
“The Methow Valley Fund has grown its Advisory Board and expanded the Grants Committee this year to provide leadership and input on how funds are prioritized” said Claire Oatey, the foundation’s Director of Community Grants and MVF liaison. “The Advisory Board Members now serve 3-year terms to expand the representation of different community voices as the fund continues to grow and support the Methow Valley.”
The grant is offered annually; the next application cycle opens in December 2023.
For more information on the Methow Valley Fund, visit www.cfncw.org/methowvalleyfund.
2023 METHOW VALLEY FUND GRANTS – $114,000
- Aero Methow Rescue Service – $3,000 EMS Technical Rescue Training
- Cascadia Music – $3,000 Core Operating Support
- Classroom in Bloom – $3,000 Sowing Seeds in Schools
- Cove Food Bank – $7,000 for New Building/Core Operating Support
- Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance – $3,000 Trail Maintenance for Methow Valley
- Home Range Wildlife Research – $7,000 Core Operating Support
- Jamie’s Place – $7,000 Community Caregiver Liaison
- Little Star School – $7,000 Core Operating Support
- Loup Loup Ski Education Foundation – $3,000 5th Grade “Day at the Loup” Program
- Merc Playhouse – $7,000 Core Operating Support
- Methow Conservancy – $3,000 Core operating support
- Methow Housing Trust – $3,000 Professional Development
- Methow Pride – $3,000 Creating Belonging for Rural LGBTQ+ Community
- Methow Recycles – $3,000 Core Operating Support
- Methow Trails – $7,000 Core Operating Support
- Methow Valley Citizens Council – $7,000 Forest Monitoring for Methow Watershed
- Methow Valley Community Center – $7,000 Outreach Coordinator
- Methow Valley Interpretive Center – $3,000 Core Operating Support
- Methow Valley Nordic Ski Education Foundation – $3,000 Core Operating Support
- Methow Valley Riding Unlimited – $3,000 Positive Reinforcement Program
- Methow Valley Trails Collaborative – $3,000 Core Operating Support
- Room One – $3,000 Expanding Food Access in Partnership with Farmers Market
- Shafer Historical Museum – $7,000 Core Operating Support
- The Confluence: Art in Twisp – $3,000 Core Operating Support
- Twisp Valley Grange – $3,000 Replace Emergency Exit Stairs
- Winthrop Rink – $3,000 Youth Program
Subscribe to the CFNCW e-newsletter for donor news, scholarship opportunities, and good work being done in the community.
Leave a Comment