Community Foundation of NCW Offers Training for New Board Members
May 8, 2017//
The Community Foundation of NCW is now offering Board 101: The Basics, a 90-minute presentation by foundation staff to help new and prospective board members better understand the roles and responsibilities expected in serving an organization as a volunteer board member.
Board 101 will be offered quarterly, with maximum capacity is 25. The first presentation will be on Thursday, May 30, from 5:30PM – 7:30PM.
Board 101 is intended for:
- Those who haven’t served on a board, but want to know what it’s about
- New board members who have never served
- Board members who have been serving but want to brush up on basics
Board 101 will cover topics including:
- General introduction to the nonprofit sector and key terms
- Board roles and responsibilities
- Reading financials – the basics!
- Introduction to fundraising
- Board Meeting Tips
- Next steps – how to join a board & more educational resources
Board 101 will be offered quarterly, with maximum capacity is 25.
Participation is free, but registration is required.
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to the CFNCW e-newsletter for donor news, scholarship opportunities, and good work being done in the community.
Are you still offering this course?
We are not offering it at this time; however, we plan to in the future. Stay in touch with us by joining our mailing list or following us on Facebook and Instagram (@communityfoundationncw) – we will post any new trainings, events, and grant offerings there.