Community Foundation of NCW Offers Training for New Board Members
The Community Foundation of NCW is now offering Board 101: The Basics, a 90-minute presentation by foundation staff to help new and prospective board members better understand the roles and responsibilities expected in serving an organization as a volunteer board member.
Board 101 will be offered quarterly, with maximum capacity is 25. The first presentation will be on Thursday, May 30, from 5:30PM – 7:30PM.
Board 101 is intended for:
- Those who haven’t served on a board, but want to know what it’s about
- New board members who have never served
- Board members who have been serving but want to brush up on basics
Board 101 will cover topics including:
- General introduction to the nonprofit sector and key terms
- Board roles and responsibilities
- Reading financials – the basics!
- Introduction to fundraising
- Board Meeting Tips
- Next steps – how to join a board & more educational resources
Board 101 will be offered quarterly, with maximum capacity is 25.
Participation is free, but registration is required.
Trackback from your site.