Community Foundation of NCW Awards 2nd Round of Covid Relief
The Community Foundation of NCW has awarded $15,927 in its second round of Helping Hands Grants to nonprofits struggling with the effects of Covid-19.
The Helping Hands Grant provides emergent funding to nonprofits in Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties and has expanded its criteria to those impacted by Covid. Awards are disbursed every other week until funds are expended.
Over $245,000 has been donated to the Helping Hands Grant since March 1st. These donations are imperative for the foundation to continue awarding funds.
“We cannot thank these donors enough for their generosity during this time” said Beth Stipe, the foundation’s executive director. “We were able to seed this fund with $45,000, which has already been awarded in this first month. We know this will be a marathon, so these contributions are crucial to continue supporting our nonprofit partners and the important work they do across our region as more needs arise.”
HELPING HANDS GRANTS – $15,927
- Methow at Home – $2,028 Free memberships for 6 aging in place residents during Covid, such as food delivery and phone buddy system
- Methow Housing Trust – $1,500 Support for providing Covid-related housing resources to individuals in need
- Numerica PAC – $3,000 Recoup direct costs from cancelled event and production of digital campaign for 2021 season
- Office Moms and Dads – $1,804 Basic needs, therapeutic toys, and increased recruitment for volunteers who provide companionship to children during office visits that are transitioning to foster care
- Okanogan Land Trust – $1,035 Updated equipment for safe remote work
- Okanogan Regional Humane Society – $2,560 Recoup direct costs from cancelled event
- PowerHouse Ministries – $1,000 Sanitation and supplies for day shelter for homeless individuals
- The Cove – $3,000 Support for increased individuals and families needing food and financial help
VIEW all Helping Hands Grant Awards
DONATE to the Helping Hands Grant Fund
APPLY for a Helping Hands Grant
Subscribe to the CFNCW e-newsletter for donor news, scholarship opportunities, and good work being done in the community.
Leave a Comment