Helping Hands Grants
For requests up to $3,000, this grant program is intended to support unexpected needs or special funding opportunities where a small investment could make a big difference. Applications can be submitted anytime, year-round. Funds are awarded every other month and must be spent within six months.
Helping Hands grants are designed to:
- Take advantage of an unforeseen opportunity; and/or
- Provide equipment or resources that could not have been anticipated or budgeted for; and/or
- Make a time-sensitive investment in a program or resource that will result in meaningful impact.
Helping Hands grants are not intended to:
- Support annual fund drives
- Pay down deficits
- Reimburse previously incurred expenses
Decisions are made at the Board of Trustees meetings in January, March, May, July, September, and November. In most cases, applications received three weeks in advance of a board meeting will receive an award decision shortly after that board meeting.
|Applications Received Before:||Decision at Board Meeting On:|
|June 26, 2018||July 17, 2018|
|August 28, 2018||September 18, 2018|
|October 30, 2018||November 20, 2018|
|December 26, 2018||January 15, 2019|
|February 26, 2019||March 19, 2019|
|April 30, 2019||May 21, 2019|
|June 25, 2019||July 16, 2019|
- Grants are for 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations in Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties, with the exception of those that serve the Methow Valley. Government entities, (excluding public educational institutions,) and religious organizations defined by the IRS in Section 170(c)1 or 170(b)1A are also eligible. All other organizations are required to have a 501c3 fiscal sponsor prior to submitting a grant request.
- Multiple Helping Hands grant applications in any one grant cycle from the same organization are not acceptable (exception is for organizations acting as fiscal sponsor for community projects or programs). Regional Impact Grants and Helping Hands grants are separate programs; an application in one program does not preclude an organization’s ability to apply for the other.
- Grantees who have received a Helping Hands grant must wait one year before reapplying.
Site visits may be conducted on an as-needed basis.
- Grant funds must be expended within six months of award date.
- Final grant evaluation reports will be required to be submitted by the grantees or fiscal sponsors. Organizations that fail to submit final grant reports will be ineligible to apply for further funding from CFNCW.
- Grant applicants must be responsible fiscal agents practicing general accepted accounting principles. CFNCW will ascertain this through financial statements provided in the grant application.
- No grants will be made specifically for religious purposes but can be made to religious organizations for general community programs. (see CFNCW’s policy on funding for faith-based organizations)
- No grants will be made for projects, programs, and/or equipment that were completed or acquired prior to the scheduled grant award date.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for final grant decisions and authorizes distribution of grants pursuant to these and other guidelines established by the Community Foundation.
All grant recipients are required to submit a Grant Report 45 days after the close of the grand period indicated on the Grant Agreement. Future grant requests will not be considered if reports on previously funded projects are outstanding.