AGENCY ADVISED FUNDS
With over 600 funds under management, the Community Foundation of NCW understands charitable investments. Partnering with the Foundation through an agency fund has many benefits for your nonprofit organization:
- Professional investment management and oversight
- Support in accepting all types of gifts, including complex assets
- Gifts to your fund can be made by anyone at any time
- Low administrative and management fees
- Local stewardship
- Online access to your fund, anytime
How it Works
- An Agency Advised Fund is non-endowed fund, allowing the principal and earnings to be available to the nonprofit at any time; distributions are restricted to benefit only your nonprofit.
- An Agency Endowed Fund is important for your organization’s long-term sustainability. The principal of the fund is held in perpetuity while an annual distribution (roughly 5% of the fund balance) is made based on a spending policy that complies with state law. As the endowment fund grows, so does your annual distribution.
Opening the fund is easy! With a minimum $5,000 contribution and a simple fund agreement, you can get started right away. Call us at (509) 663-7716 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.