Regional Impact gRANT
Application Open: August 1
Application Deadline: September 15
The Regional Impact Grant (RIG) is returning to an annual grant process open to all nonprofit organizations and public agencies that address community needs in Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties (excluding the Methow Valley who should apply for the Methow Valley Fund).
Organizations that are 501(c)(3) public charities headquartered in NCW are eligible and encouraged to apply for core operating support (flexible, unrestricted funds). If you are a government (excluding schools), tribal agency, faith-based organization, fiscally sponsored program, or a 501(c)(3) public charity serving the region but headquartered outside of NCW, you are eligible for funding to support programs or projects that meets our Grant Guidelines and Policies.
The maximum funding request is determined by the budget size of the applying organization. Please refer to the table below to find the budget range that fits your organization. The CFNCW Board of Trustees will strive to award a balanced number of grants across budget sizes based on the total funding available and the number of applications received per budget range.
|Organization Budget Size||Maximum Funding Request|
|Under $200,000||Up to $6,000|
|$200,000 - $749,999||Up to $10,000|
|$750,000 and Over||Up to $14,000|
Determining Budget Size
- Utilizing the table above, please find your budget range based on the total expenses from your most recently completed fiscal year (excluding capital or in-kind). You’ll find this number on your Statement of Activities (also known as the Income Statement or Profit & Loss).
- If you are a fiscally sponsored organization or program, please utilize your organization or program budget to determine budget size instead of your fiscal sponsor’s budget.
- If you are an organization headquartered outside of NCW, please utilize your local NCW office’s budget or the program budget for your work in Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties only.
- If you are a government or tribal agency, please reach out to the Community Foundation of NCW prior to applying to determine the eligibility of your project.
- Please round your funding request to the nearest $1,000.
- Grants are for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in Chelan, Douglas, and Okanogan counties, except for those in the Methow Valley. Government entities (excluding schools) and religious organizations defined by the IRS in Section 170(c)1 or 170(b)1A are also eligible for projects that meet CFNCW Grant Guidelines and Policies. All other organizations are required to have a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor prior to submitting a grant request.
- Organizations are only eligible to submit one RIG application per cycle (exception is for organizations acting as a fiscal sponsor for another applicant).
- Grant funds must be expended within one year of award date.
- Applicants who applied and received a RIG10K Grant in Q1, Q2, Q3, or Q4 during the past fiscal year are not eligible to reapply until August 2023.
- All future RIG Grantees must wait out one grant cycle before reapplying. For example, upcoming 2022 RIG Grantees must wait to reapply until August 2024.
- For more information on eligibility, please review the Grant Guidelines and Polices and Grant FAQ.
|Application Opens||August 1|
|Application Closes||September 15|
|Site Visits*||October and early November|
|Grants Awarded||November 30|
Site visits with CFNCW Trustees and staff will be scheduled in October and early November to learn more about your organization and proposal. Your organization will indicate on the application if you prefer an in-person or virtual grant meeting. CFNCW will do our best to accommodate your request.
Please feel free to reach out to Claire Oatey, Director of Community Grants, at email@example.com or (509) 663-7716 with any of your application questions!